Click on this link for the application ————-> MMA Scholarship 2017
Please complete and submit the following application by May 1st, 2017.
Are you a client with a son, daughter or grandchild graduating this year? MMA Insurance will be awarding a $500 scholarship to a graduating Ohio high school senior attending college in the fall of 2017 with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Please make sure all instructions are followed to be eligible for the $500.00 scholarship.
Please include the following documents:
- High school transcript
- The application – can be printed by clicking the link, at the top of this post.
- Word document answering the following questions:
- List of high school involvement including, but not limited to, extracurricular activities, clubs, sports teams, community service, and work experience. Please include years participated.
- List of honors and awards. (Athletic, academic, etc.)
- Please choose one of the following topics and write an essay of approximately 1,000 words
- Describe both your greatest accomplishment and your biggest challenge in life so far.
- Who do you consider your role model and why?
- Describe something you have done in the past year that has made a difference in your community.
***Feel Free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions***
Valentine’s Day is one of the most popular days for engagements, and stands out as one of the biggest times of year for making fine jewelry purchases. If you plan to give a piece of jewelry, make sure you have adequate insurance coverage in the event something happens to that gift.
Knowing how much personal property insurance coverage you have under your standard homeowners or renters policy is a good place to start. Most of the time, you’ll be covered up to a certain limit if the ring is stolen.
Many people assume that jewelry is covered under their homeowners’ insurance. Your standard coverage may only cover part of the ring’s cost, and there’s usually no coverage if the ring is lost or damaged, so you may have to add additional coverage to insure the full cost should you ever need to replace the ring. This is called scheduling property, which means you’re increasing the amount of insurance coverage for an individual item. For high valued items, like engagement rings, the item is on a “schedule” and insured separately – not covered under the general personal property limit. It is important to contact us immediately to confirm you have proper coverage in place for your jewelry.
Remember that the value of jewelry can change over time. It is important to have a recent appraisal done every couple of years and update your policy when the value of jewelry changes to ensure adequate coverage. Maybe take a photo of your jewelry, to put with your documentation.
Happy Shopping, Happy Valentine’s Day & Maybe even… Congratulations!
‘Tis the season for holiday shopping, which means identity thieves are just waiting to pounce on unsuspecting shoppers. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, each year nearly 20 million people in the United States are victims of identity theft. Identity theft can be a lump of coal plaguing victims long after the holiday season concludes, as devastating consequences may take years to rectify. However, our gift to you is some tips to prevent identity theft and protect yourself in the event your identity is stolen:
|1. Protect Those Passwords! Change passwords frequently throughout the holiday season. Try making passwords more difficult to “crack” by using capital letters, numbers, and punctuation where allowed.
2. Gift Cards > Credit Cards. Use gift cards instead of credit cards to make purchases at stores and online. Yes, there’s a fee when you buy them, but they’re not tied to your credit or your bank.
3. Think You’re A Victim? If you think you’ve been the victim of identity theft, report it to the local police, the IRS Identity Protection Special Unit (1-800-908-4490), and the Federal Trade Commission (consumer.ftc.gov or 1-877-438-4338). Also, all your credit card companies and your banks immediately.
4. Give The Gift Of Adequate Protection. Consider investing in identity theft protection from MMA Insurance. It’s surprisingly affordable and a great way to enjoy peace of mind no matter where or how you shop. We traditionally recommend cyber liability policies for businesses. Thieves are shopping for their next victim. Make sure the bow on your insurance portfolio is tied by contacting an agent today.
Last week we were invited to participate in the Olde Village Pickerington Holiday Gathering. It was chilly evening, complete with the annual tree lighting, gingerbread house contests, local vendors selling their products, trolley rides, horse & buggy rides, pictures with Santa and much, much more. We were invited to make & pass out popcorn right in front of our office. We all had so much fun. We had fun meeting new people. We had fun talking with our current clients and meeting their children. The kids loved waiting their turn for popcorn. The kids got to watch the machine pop the corn and drop right in front of them. Then their bags were filled with warm, buttery popcorn.
We decorated the front of our building & received an honorable mention in the business category. Our building shines so pretty in the evening. If you around, drive by, take a look.
What is the Teal Pumpkin Project?
The Teal Pumpkin Project helps raise awareness for kids & adults with all types of food allergies. Kids with food allergies are often left out of the fun, unable to enjoy a tasty treat at holiday functions or even during Trick or Treat. The Teal Pumpkin Project is raising awareness to try and change that.
Can you believe this is becoming a worldwide movement? Last year, all 50 states & even 14 other countries participated in creating a safer & happier Halloween for many trick-or-treaters. One in 13 children in the US have at least one food allergy. It takes just one person to advocate the importance of food safety. It takes just one neighbor to offer a non-food treat such as stickers, bubbles or any other non-food toy. Let your neighbors know you offer non-food treats for their ghosts, goblins, superheroes and princesses by placing a teal pumpkin on your porch.
Believe it or not, kids don’t just like non-food treats. They love them! How fun are glow bracelets? Let the kids wear them while they are trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. This helps keep them visible as the sun goes down. Pencils and stickers last long after the hype of Trick or Treat and long after the candy runs out.
Check out http://www.foodallergy.org/teal-pumpkin-project online. In the yellow tab at the website is a “downloads” tab. This helps explain the Teal Pumpkin Project and offers several great printable resources for helping to educate your family & friends.
Once you have your printable resources and teal pumpkins ready, get out there & help advocate. Use the hashtag #tealpumpkinproject to help spread the word.
Because lawsuits can be outrageously expensive and accidents do happen.
Your standard auto, home or boat insurance policy is designed to protect you against liability losses, in most situations. But what about other unexpected occurrences? Of course, you say, that won’t happen to me. But, what if it does. Protecting yourself with umbrella coverage is a step in the right direction.
Are you starting out in a new career, beginning a family or getting ready to hang your hat? Umbrella Insurance can protect you through all stages of your life because you can never predict the unpredictable!
- What if someone dies in an automobile accident and your son/daughter is at fault?
- Imagine if your fenced in dog bites one of the neighbor kids.
- What if a neighbor or guest trips and falls on your property and receives a permanent disability?
These scenarios do happen. Can you afford a million dollar lawsuit? That’s where your Umbrella protection is a smart investment.
- Isn’t it worth the few hundred dollars a year to protect yourself from a potential lawsuit, attorney fees or even your wages garnished?
- With umbrella coverage, you can add additional liability protection starting $1,000,000 dollars to protect you over and above the liability limits on your homeowners, auto and watercraft policies.
The Violet Township Fire Department provides professional emergency medical and fire service utilizing a combination of full time, paid part time, and volunteer firefighters.
In December 2015, the fire department’s newest Insurance Services Organization (ISO) classifications came back even better than before! In Ohio, there are only 51 departments with an ISO rating of 2, and they came back with a 2/2Y rating which puts them in the top 1.8% of rated departments in Ohio! In the entire United States, there are only 1,060 departments within that rating, which puts them in the top 2.4% nationwide!
What this means for your home address:
> ISO rating 2 -applies to you if you live within 5 road miles of a recognized fire station AND within 1,000 feet of a hydrant or alternate water supply.
> ISO rating 2Y – applies to you if you live within 5 road miles of a recognized fire station, but not necessarily within 1,000 feet of a fire hydrant or alternate water supply.
If you were previously in areas without hydrants or an alternate water supply closer than 1,000 feet may have been classified as an ISO rating of 5-9. If you were within 1,000 feet of a hydrant or alternate water supply, your rating went from a 3 down to a 2. If you are not sure, please call us to discuss your home insurance and to review the rating applied to your location. Violet Twp. is classified by the Insurance Services Office with a Class 2 ISO rating for all areas within 5 miles of a fire station and 1,000 feet from a hydrant; and ISO 2Y ISO Class Rating for all areas within Violet Township that may not be within 1,000 feet of a hydrant, but is within 5 miles of a fire station.